Customizing a Shampoo Base is just about the easiest DIY projects you’ll ever try! What I really love about it, is that you get to play around with different varieties, until you find your absolute favorite mix of Essential Oils. In this video tutorial, I go through the basics of mixing a Shampoo Cosmetic Base with Essential Oils for three different varieties – Detoxing Peppermint & Tea Tree Shampoo, Relaxing Rosemary & Ylang Ylang Shampoo and Luxurious Rose Shampoo.
Use the code CORNER25 for 25% discount on the ingredients linked under the video, as well as all other products from Moksha Lifestyle Products.
- Measure the desired amount of Shampoo Base (measured in ml.)
- Mix in upto 1-2% of Essential Oils of choice (measured in ml.)
- Stir the mixture until the ingredients are completely dispersed
- Keep in a bottle or glass jar, like you would any shampoo
Note: ensure that your shampoo base contains a preservative. Otherwise, you will need to add that additionally. Stephenson Shampoo Base already contains a preservative, hence I don’t need to add one.
Shop the Ingredients:
- Stephenson Shampoo Base (Buy here) – made primarily from natural ingredients, certified organic, made using mild surfactants and is pre-thickened.
Detoxing Peppermint & Tea Tree Shampoo
Good for: Treating Dandruff, Fungus, and other Scalp Ailments as well as Preventing and Repelling Lice.
Relaxing Rosemary & Ylang Ylang Shampoo
Good for: Conditioning, Promoting Hair Growth and Inducing a Relaxing Feeling because of the Aroma Therapeutic Properties of Rose Mary and Ylang Ylang.
Luxurious Rose Shampoo
- Rose Essential Oil (Buy here)
Good for: Shine and Hair Loss Prevention by Strengthening the Hair Follicles. Rose also has a Luxurious and Relaxing scent, that lingers in the hair after a wash.
Feel free to leave a comment below. Would love to hear from you if you try this out, or have a question. Until then, happy DIY!