I’m currently spending some time at my best friends place, and she is an incredible cook. So when we bought some ‘Stone Age’ bread’ mix, she instantly said she could give me a better recipe than the premix. And then she did!
Stone Age bread is a made entirely up of seeds, nuts, eggs and oil. This combination makes it both gluten free and lactose free – as well as full of proteins, fibers and healthy oils (from the seeds and nuts). Another thing I love about it is how filling it is! Now lets get to the recipe and process.
Creating the recipe
Another great aspect of Stone Age bread is that you can customize it according to your own liking, and availability of different ingredients. The base ingredients remains the same – eggs, oil and salt – but the rest can be mixed however you want. Only rule is that the flexible ingredients needs to make up 600 grams all in all.
So just to make it completely clear – you create the recipe by choosing your flexible ingredients, as well as optional ingredients – while the base ingredients remains the same. The ingredients are:
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dl oil (canola, sunflower, coconut, olive or other)
1. Seeds: 350-400 grams
- Sesame seeds
- Flax seeds
- Chia seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
2. Nuts: 150-200 grams
- Pecan nuts
- Cashew nuts
- Macadamia nuts
Optional ingredients (added by eye measure):
- Dried berries (cranberries, goji berries, dates etc)
- Spices (salt, chilly flakes, garlic etc.)
- Herbs (thyme, rosemary etc.)
How to make it
- Measure out your seeds and nuts and collect it in a bowl
- Add the egg, salt and oil and mix thoroughly
- Add any other optional ingredients and mix
- Fill the batter into a greased bread form
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 degrees for 1 hour
- Take the bread out of the form when it has cooled down
The bread will last for a week in the fridge. You can also cut it out and freeze it, and then toast the individual pieces before serving. Its delicious with cheese and different speeds. I had it this morning with some danish blue cheese and avocado. Yum!
That was it for now. Feel free to leave a comment –